This is a part-time, highly responsible, hands-on position involving the planning, administration and execution of the organization’s development program as directed by the Library management and/or Board. Work will be performed on a largely independent basis and work flow will fluctuate. A high degree of flexibility is desired.
Library management and/or Board.
In addition to creating, implementing and meeting strategic objectives and development goals, the best candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in each of the following areas:
- Managing and growing annual funds, fundraising efforts and planned giving and endowment programs.
- Cultivating, retaining and communicating with existing and prospective donors.
- Maintaining donor database software (experience with eTapestry preferred).
- Planning and coordinating fundraising and special events.
- Researching and connecting with potential funding sources.
- Writing and submitting grant proposals.
- Producing development reports.
- Communicating verbally and in writing with professionalism to fellow staff, donors, board and community members.
Successful candidate must be a reliable, self-motivated team player with an engaging attitude and commitment to customer service. This position requires strong communication and organizational skills, along with the ability to meet deadlines, multitask and manage changing priorities.
This is a part-time, year round position (25 hours weekly). Hourly rate is $20.00. Benefits include sick, holiday and vacation days.
View the full job description here -
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to [email protected] by January 28, 2019.