Public Health Solutions (PHS) is the largest public health nonprofit serving New York City. For over 60 years, PHS has improved health outcomes and helped families thrive by providing services directly to the city’s most vulnerable populations, publishing independent research that moves public health policy and practice forward, and supporting over 200 community-based organizations through our long-standing government partnerships. We are a leader in addressing crucial public health issues, including food and nutrition, health insurance access, maternal and child health, reproductive health, tobacco control, and HIV/AIDS prevention. PHS has a strong focus on health equity to ensure NYC families have the basics for a healthier life.
The Director, Healthcare-Community Partnerships is a new role that will support PHS’ growing work to improve social determinants of health through partnerships between the healthcare sector and community-based organizations in New York City. PHS has developed value propositions for healthcare stakeholders to improve maternal-child health, food security, and access to family planning, and has several projects underway to demonstrate feasibility and/or efficacy of our approach. The Director will support both management of these projects and further development and marketing of these value propositions. The director will also support PHS to develop and formalize new relationships with both healthcare delivery systems and managed care organizations, by initiating and coordinating pitch meetings, developing and improving marketing materials, creating and submitting formal proposals, and supporting negotiation of new contracts. The Director will be a member of the Neighborhood Health leadership team.
- Drives healthcare-community partnerships forward using project management techniques.
- Nurtures positive win-win relationships with key stakeholders in the healthcare and community-based organization sectors.
- Coordinates and mobilizes internal and external resources to support PHS’ value propositions.
- Convenes strategic business development meetings with clearly defined objectives.
- Engages key healthcare sector stakeholders in activities that highlight PHS’ social determinants of health work.
- Develops, improves, and targets value proposition marketing materials.
- Represents PHS’ healthcare-community partnerships at conferences, symposia, and other community events.
- Develops proposals, scopes of work, budgets, and reports related to healthcare-community partnerships.
- Collaborates closely and effectively with PHS’ Senior Leadership Team and Neighborhood Health Leadership Team to meet objectives.
- Works closely with Neighborhood Health teams and Healthcare delivery system teams on the roll-out of new activities.
- Supports in the testing and improvement of technology to support partnerships.
- Leads the Neighborhood Health Outreach Committee and responsible for developing and seeing through the goals and objectives of the Outreach Committee.
- Other duties as assigned and prioritized by the Deputy Director, Neighborhood Health.
PHS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, and veterans.
- Master’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management and/or business development.
- Familiar with both healthcare and social service sectors.
- Strong understanding of healthcare settings, operations and roles.
- Excellent oral and written communicator.
- Dynamic, forward thinking, entrepreneurial.
- Dedicated to helping improve the lives of disenfranchised and marginalized communities.
- Collaborator, team-player, relationship-builder.
- Must be very organized; detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Sense of humor.
How to Apply
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER AND CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: