The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis works to enrich lives and inspire curiosity, creativity, and learning through experiences with contemporary art. We showcase work being made today for today’s audiences—art that reflects the world around us, and helps connect us to the most salient issues of our time. CAM is committed to presenting a multifaceted program created for a diverse public, offering many access points for engagement. We embrace change and celebrate experimentation. Not having a permanent collection allows us to be nimble, adaptive, and responsive—both to the global art world and our local community. CAM supports artists and nurtures creative endeavor. A leading voice among contemporary art museums worldwide, we are a launch pad for artists, many of whom go on to critical acclaim, as well as a venue for St. Louisans to experience figures of international acclaim. We are a welcome space, free for all.
CAM seeks a detail-oriented, organized, and highly-motivated Individual Giving Associate. This is a critical position within the Museum’s Development department, which is responsible for approximately $3 million in revenue on an annual basis. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Individual Giving Associate oversees the day-to-day management of CAM’s annual fundraising plan and fundraising events; manages a donor portfolio; and stewards CAM’s Junior Board. The ideal candidate has at least three years relevant experience with a proven fundraising track record, is team-oriented, and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits package. Occasional weekend and evening hours are required.
- Administer implementation of the annual fundraising plan through tracking, benchmarking, and reporting.
- Manage annual membership recruitment and retention in collaboration with the Director of Development and Development Associate, to include: analyzing renewal, growth, and attrition rates; engaging and cultivating current members; researching new prospects; and developing strategies to grow membership.
- With oversight from the Director of Development, steward a portfolio of donors at the $250–$2,500 level; identify, cultivate, and solicit new and existing donors at this level to meet annual individual giving goals.
- Play a key role in the planning, management, execution, and fundraising success of the annual gala ($500K gross) as well as other fundraising events, to include: identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual and corporate sponsorships; coordinating with vendors; and collaborating with colleagues and event committees to sell tickets.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to CAM’s Junior Board (approximately 30 members); attend meetings, manage correspondence, and work with the Junior Board to meet annual fundraising goals through recruitment, engagement, and events.
- Collaborate with the External Affairs department on the production of membership and fundraising collateral, such as printed and digital promotions, correspondence, and seasonal newsletters.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least three years of relevant experience with a successful track record in individual giving and fundraising events.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills; strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, volunteers, donors, and prospects.
- Dependability, flexibility, and adaptability in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; highly productive, with a can-do attitude.
- Effective time and project management skills; capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel throughout the area and work evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Individual Giving Associate.”