The Lighting Supervisor is a full time salaried exempt position with benefits.
- Oversee the work of the lighting department in executing the lighting design for each project in accordance with the artistic goals of the project and the available resources.
- Collaborate with designers, directors, production managers, and other production staff on each project to ensure a successful design process, an achievable design, and successful execution.
- Ensure designers have accurate technical information necessary for their designs, evaluate the cost and feasibility of each lighting design, and negotiate modifications when needed to ensure the design can be achieved successfully and safely with available resources.
- Negotiate and manage equipment rental and purchasing.
- In conjunction with Assistant Supervisors, plan and supervise the fabrication, load-in, focus, tech, operation, and maintenance of all lighting equipment for each production.
- Manage lighting budgets and maintain budget projections for each production
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of all lighting department freelance labor, including master electricians, electricians, and run crew.
- Ensure that employees of the lighting department maintain and promote safe working conditions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Expert knowledge of theatrical lighting design, technology, process, and practice, including applicable electrical standards and codes.
- Aptitude for creative technical and artistic problem solving.
- Dedication to workplace safety including best practices in electrical safety, theatrical rigging, and working at height.
- Dedication to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment.
- Clear verbal and written communication.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing and unpredictable schedules.
- Ability to manage teams and foster both team and individual growth among employees.
- Facility with Vectorworks, Lightwright, and Office software.
- Proven budget management skills.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].