The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is one of the nation’s leading policy institutes focusing on federal and state issues that affect low-income families and individuals. It has a national reputation for conducting rigorous research and analysis, developing policy ideas and strategies, shaping a broad array of federal and state policy debates, and influencing policy outcomes. The Center’s expertise spans a range of areas including federal and state budget and tax policy, health care, social insurance, nutrition, housing, income support, and other policies that are important to low-income people. The Center’s funding comes from private foundations and individuals.
The Grants Budget Specialist performs a variety of tasks related to budget preparation and maintenance of grant budgets. Reporting to the Budget and Grants Manager and working with internal partners, this role will support accurate review and reporting of grants.
Budget and Grants Manager
- Assist with preparation of grant budget proposals for programs/projects in consultation with the Development Team and the Budget and Grants Manager;
- Create customized grant reports for funders, directors, and senior management;
- Provide supporting documentation for adjustments needed when tracking grant budgets;
- Provide technical assistance with grant accounting support by uploading and maintaining grant budgets in accounting software;
- Monitor expenditure of grant funds and contract compliance in relation to labor distribution, grant budgets, and grant reporting; and
- Research and prepare periodic financial analyses and/or reports as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- One to three years of professional experience developing, preparing, and monitoring grant budgets;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and above-average experience using Excel or other spreadsheet programs;
- Strong mathematic aptitude and abilities;
- Strong attention to details and accuracy; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The salary is commensurate with experience. Center staff are offered excellent benefits including three options for health insurance, life insurance, long-term disabilities insurance, retirement plan, generous vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
How to Apply
Please submit your application .
Please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the mission of the Center.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.