The post holder will be responsible for the day to day delivery and efficient operation of Compassion’s US Food Business program. This includes line management of the FB team, project, performance and full budget management functions, as well as championing our program communication and assisting with the development of new funding generation opportunities.
Working with the US Executive Director, you will play a central role in further implementing and developing our business strategy within the US, as well as strengthening and enhancing our business service offer.
You will need to be a highly motivated and enthusiastic people person, capable of inspiring a small but dynamic team to reach their potential and achieve our challenging goals. This will require a passion and belief in promoting the value of improved farm animal welfare policies and decreased reliance on animal protein purchases into large scale global food businesses. A sympathetic understanding of the wider aims of the organization is also required.
A proven track record of building strong commercial relationships is essential and ideally a track record of managing a Sustainability/Corporate Responsibility program within the retail and/or food and/or ethical supply chain sector, or a strong track record of managing NGO programs and campaigns to commercial organizations.
- Lead and manage the Food Business team ensuring high level performance of well-motivated, confident staff
- Lead the functional operation of the US Food Business program internally, specifically relating to the budget, and business planning and reporting (metrics, financial and board reports) processes
- Support the US Executive Director in delegated tasks to support strategic priorities and evolution of the US program
- Further develop our business strategy targeting major global food companies across the retailer, manufacturing and food service sectors
- Further develop the teams presence and engagement strategy, specifically the US
- Project lead Compassion’s investor engagement program in the US, the Business Benchmark on Farm Animal Welfare (BBFAW)
- Project lead the continued operation and development of business-to-business forums (i.e. broilers, laying hens, protein diversification, and more)
- Project lead the compliance tools (i.e. EggTrack and ChickenTrack)
- Explore funding opportunities with Compassion’s project funding team and represent the Food Business program at high level donor recruitment events
- Provide creative thinking around resource and ‘toolkit’ development to provide a varied, targeted and professional service to corporate partners
- Provide leadership communication both internally and externally to a wide variety of stakeholders, and at various key meetings, conferences, and media opportunities
- Further develop the role building on your personal strengths, program needs and wider organizational direction
- Proven experience of leading a team, inspiring and motivating them to deliver impactful results
- Experience of managing successful programs of work involving a range of complementary projects, preferably within a professional consultancy framework
- Experience of high level reporting systems and processes, providing feedback to a range of stakeholders from Senior Management to Board of Trustees to external funding partners
- Substantial high level project management experience, ideally in the corporate and / or NGO sectors
- Knowledge and working experience of project management and performance monitoring tools
- Proven experience of developing and managing 5-year budgets
- Excellent communication skills and a confident ability for oral presentation at meetings and conferences, as well as with the media
- Experience of developing advisory and problem solving approaches
- Ability to engage effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including food companies, consumers, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Strong knowledge or experience of working within the food industry is desirable, particularly in areas such supply chain management, sustainability or corporate social responsibility
CIWF offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including 25 days vacation, ample sick leave, paid family and medical leave, flexible work schedules, healthcare reimbursement, and a 403(b) retirement plan, all in a respectful, vibrant and welcoming work environment.
Full details on on our web site:
How to Apply
To apply, please answer the following questions and send along with your resume & cover letter to [email protected]
- Why do you want to work at CIWF?
- What relevant experience do you have to succeed in this role?
- To what do you attribute your past successes?
- What are your salary expectations?
Deadline to apply is October 24, 2018, 11:59 pm ET