Alteristic is a non-profit organization that tackles societal issues at local, national, and global levels. Alteristic provides comprehensive prevention education, consultation, and training that addresses sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, stalking, harassment, suicide and other issues. Committed to optimizing and activating inherent human good, Alteristic equips and mobilizes communities to create social norms that ensure safety, respect, and the opportunity to thrive for all people. Rigorously evaluated and shown to move the needle, Alteristic was founded on the principles of the widely disseminated Green Dot violence prevention strategy.
Alteristic works with domestic and international communities, educational institutions, government entities, and corporations to amplify the actions of individuals toward transformational social change.
The Director of Development is a senior level fundraising professional to manage the development function, with a focus on major gifts. Alteristic, Inc. is moving from a fee-based model to one which includes fundraising for operations, special projects and services. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, this position will be responsible for the execution of a multi-year, sustainable development plan to craft and grow a development program in a rapidly growing organization.
Senior Vice President
- Work with the Senior Vice President to establish and grow a robust development program and establish a multi-year funding plan
- Responsible for all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Identify and initiate contact with potential major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with the leadership team and volunteers
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Implement and oversee development budget, strategy, and plan
- Lead the creation and execution of fundraising strategy and manage all fundraising activities
- Write all grant proposals and collateral materials
- Create fundraising programs at all levels as appropriate
- Ensure an efficient and responsive fundraising infrastructure .
- Manage other staff engagement with donors and prospective donors
- Ensure that all communications, especially online, maximizes donor engagement, friend making, name acquisition, and fundraising opportunities
- Provide talking points for staff members as needed
- Create strategy to maximize visibility, impact, and return on key events, research, and goals
- Ensure friend- and donor-oriented language on outward facing communications, including website
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years in nonprofit development, 7+ preferred
- Bachelors required, Master’s or advanced degree preferred
- Continuing education (conferences, trainings, etc.)
- CFRE desired
- Major gifts experience required
- Annual fund and online fundraising experience
- Knowledge of donor database systems
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to [email protected]. Please put Director of Development in the subject line. Apply as soon as possible as resumes are evaluated and interviews scheduled as applications are received.
Alteristic values and respects the diverse viewpoints and experiences and individual differences of all people. Alteristic is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all interested job seekers to apply.