The Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) is the nation’s authority on consumer financial health. CFSI leads a network of financial services providers, helping them develop and provide high-quality products and services that better meet the needs of consumers – especially those who are struggling. CFSI informs, advises, and connects its network of financial services providers, innovators, and thought leaders to seed the innovation that will transform the financial services landscape. With offices in Chicago, New York, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco, CFSI is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment seeking people who share our values of innovation, passion, excellence, impact and directness.
CFSI is seeking a Communications Manager to join our growing Marketing and Communications team. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Manager will be primarily responsible for the execution of critical communications deliverables for CFSI’s Financial Solutions Lab (FSL), a partnership between CFSI and JP Morgan Chase which seeks to identify, test and bring to scale promising innovations that can help improve financial health in America. As needed, the Manager will also deliver on the execution of communications deliverables for other CFSI innovations programs.
Flexible location - this role will be based in one of CFSI's offices: San Francisco, CA, New York, NY, or Chicago, IL.
- Manages the marketing of key communications deliverables for the Financial Solutions Lab, including print and digital marketing collateral, audio and video content, social media, case studies, and profiles.
- Supports the FSL program team with day-to-day communications tasks, including media response and outreach, editorial and profile writing, and event coordination.
- Works closely with other members of the MarCom team to ensure coordination with CFSI’s broad corporate communications, digital output, social media, events, and network marketing efforts.
- Supports content and agenda development for key CFSI and FSL events, including FSL cohort meetings, culmination events, and the annual EMERGE Financial Health Forum and Network Summit.
- Serves as a direct marketing liaison to peers at FSL partner organizations, including JP Morgan Chase and the cohort founders/marketing staff, to develop strategic marketing plans and execute on programs.
- Works with the Manager, Marketing to ensure the management of the FSL marketing budget.
- 5-8 years of strategic communications experience, including media outreach, and media figure relationship management. Fintech experience a plus.
- Strong writing and organizational/ project management skills with ability to set and meet deadlines
- Experience with presentation design and execution
- Experience managing external design or production vendors preferred
- Supervision/management of interns may be required over time
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of CFSI. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume with your application. The Center for Financial Services Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via our website: cfsinnovation.org.