The Development Associate will play an important role in Audubon’s fund development program in Nebraska. This position will report to the Audubon Nebraska Director of Development and will work closely with development staff throughout Nebraska and the Central Flyway. The Development Associate will be responsible primarily for supporting the development efforts in Nebraska, coordinating point of contact fundraising and fundraising events at Iain Nicolson Audubon Center at Rowe Sanctuary, and maintaining a portfolio of mid-level ($500 - $5K range) donors. This is a full-time position located at Iain Nicolson Audubon Center.
Supporting development efforts in Nebraska and the Central Flyway. Coordinating point of contact for fundraising events and maintaining a portfolio.
Director of Development
- Work with the Director of Development, lead staff in Nebraska and the Central Flyway, and volunteer leadership to support the annual development plan in order to maximize income from individuals, corporations, and foundation in support of Audubon's strategic priorities.
- Maintain a portfolio of mid-level gifts, executing planned strategies for these individuals, businesses, or foundations, including personal visits, regular communication, event invitations, tours, etc., culminating in the realization of increased giving to Audubon.
- Generate reports, briefing portfolios, and lists in support of the Director of Development and a coordinated development program in Nebraska and the Central Flyway.
- Assist with prospect research, including individual, corporate, private, foundations, etc.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to the Iain Nicolson Audubon Center's Fund Development Committee and the Rowe Campaign Committee in the planning of solicitation strategies, events, trainings, specific to that center. Plan and prepare these committees' meetings, minutes, and reports.
- Coordinate implementation of fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events at Iain Nicolson Audubon Center and in central and western Nebraska including tracking attendance and executing follow-up strategies.
- Coordinate philanthropic marketing and communication with Audubon's donor constituency in support of the Audubon Nebraska development plan.
- Maintain a grants calendar and in coordination with other staff generate content and coordinate the compilation of grants in support of the development plan for Nebraska.
- Aid in the creation of proposals and sponsorship materials for individual, business, and corporate giving.
- Work with the Iain Nicolson Audubon Center staff to leverage fundraising opportunities including philanthropic messaging in the center, at programs, and in presentations.
- Oversee the implementation of strategies in coordination with Kearney's Give Where You Live campaign.
- Assist with material generation and execution of strategies for on-line and in-direct fundraising including social media campaigns and content, newsletter and e-news content, Cardinal Club, etc.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years' experience supporting development, marketing/communications, or equivalent experience required.
- A self-starter, problem solver, and team player with a can-do attitude. Must be able to juggle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills also a must.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; experience working with online databases/donor management systems desired. Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, while exercising discretion and personal judgment where appropriate.
- Interest, understanding, and commitment to the mission of the National Audubon Society, and ability to communication Audubon's mission, goals, and programs effectively.
- Flexibility with hours, with availability to work occasional weekend or evening events, when needed.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
How to Apply
Please click on this URL to submit your application: