Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy for Audubon South Carolina, the Development Associate will be located at the Silver Bluff Center and Sanctuary, and will be responsible for identifying and implementing fundraising events and activities for Silver Bluff Sanctuary and performs a variety of fundraising tasks that contribute to expanding the Center’s operations and endowments. This position will support the Director of Philanthropy (DoP),the Executive Director (ED) and the Center’s Director in all aspects of fundraising and event planning related to annual appeals, donor research, identification, grant research and grant writing, grant calendar creation, database updating, and check processing. S/he aims to improve communications with existing and potential donors and other partners strategic to the Silver Bluff network in support of alignment with the Mission and Strategic Plan of ASC and the National Audubon Society (NAS).
The Development Associate for will be located at the Silver Bluff Center and Sanctuary, and will be responsible for identifying and implementing fundraising events and activities for Silver Bluff Sanctuary and performs a variety of fundraising tasks that contribute to expanding the Center’s operations and endowments.
Director of Philanthropy for Audubon South Carolina
- Develop local programs to generate additional individual, foundation and corporate contributions to support conservation efforts at the Audubon Center and Sanctuary at Silver Bluff.
- Provide development leadership to Audubon Friends at Silver Bluff, Aiken- Augusta chapters, garden clubs, partners at Hitchcock Woods and SC Parks, Recreation and Tourism etc. to establish and provide excellent donor stewardship to relationships and natural partners.
- Will be a super-user for Salesforce and EveryAction and will assist staff in training for both. Perform communication, outreach, marketing, and fundraising duties through Salesforce and EveryAction.
- Plan special eventsfor Silver Bluff and staff them as necessary.
- Work with Silver Bluff staff to develop robust volunteer engagement program.
- Cultivate new outreach opportunities and community events using Silver Bluff as an appropriate venue to help promote the community’s appreciation and commitment to protecting the abundant natural, historic, cultural and educational opportunities in the Aiken- Augusta metropolitan area and in the Savannah River basin.
- Be familiar with current NAS Marketing and Membership department procedures and guidelines to identify and implementopportunities and strategies to promote ASC, ASC Centers, and SC Chapters.
- Research and cultivate a portfolio of foundation and corporate support for Audubon’s programs, using Silver Bluff as a demonstration site for our forest conservation work, our bird-friendly community work, wetlands restoration, education programs and outreach programs.
- Work with consultant to develop a strategic plan that promotes the cultural significance of Silver Bluff.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience also considered.
- 2-3 years' professional experience in a development position that includes donor communications preferred.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Must be well organized, able to handle details while pursuing overall goals, consistently meet deadlines, and able to adapt quickly to a new organization.
- Familiarity with basic fundraising principles and best practices.
- Ability to connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds. Excellent in-person (face-to-face) skills and telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a member of a team, and with volunteers and partners.
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, as well as comfort navigating and reporting from donor databases, required. Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a discrete and professional manner.
- Previous online fundraising or annual fund experience a plus.
- Must be willing to travel, as well as commit to some evening and weekend work as needed. Valid driver's license also necessary.
- Passion for conservation and Audubon's mission a must.
How to Apply
Please visit this URL to submit your application: