About Jericho Project
Jericho Project is a nationally-acclaimed nonprofit ending homelessness at its roots by enabling homeless individuals and families to attain quality housing, employment and mental and physical health services. The 34-year-old nonprofit serves over 2,500 individuals, including 700 veterans, annually. Jericho has been a key partner in New York City's initiative to end veterans' homelessness, and is leading bold, innovative strategies to do the same for families and young adults.
Our programs touch four cornerstones of a person's life: housing, employment, wellness and family stability. We create a culture of "moving on" through a foundation of housing and supportive services provided by expert program specialists and case managers. We have over 400 units of supportive housing including 8 residences in the Bronx and Harlem, as well as scatter-site apartments throughout NYC.
The Career Counselor will provide workforce development services to Veteran participants in order to help them achieve their desirable employment, training, and educational goals. The Career Counselor will work closely with the site Director and the Case Management team to ensure that clients’ employment and educational goals are fully met.
Program Director of Workforce Opportunities
- Manage a caseload of about 100 program participants in multiple locations and boroughs
- Responsible for conducting outreach and recruitment, and enrolling 100 Veterans in workforce development services annually
- Assist, at minimum, 60 participants to secure and retain employment
- Complete employment and educational assessments on all participants; ensure that assessments and service plans are updated regularly as required
- Develop creative client engagement strategies; maintain high participant engagement in the WfO services; conduct, at minimum, bi weekly outreach to all participants and maintain related progress notes
- Identify and refer participants to education and training programs according to their individual service plan
- Assist participants in developing a job readiness portfolio, consisting of a resume and cover letter, and assessment of interviewing skills
- Work closely with WfO's Employment Specialists; respond to job leads within required timeframe; identify and refer participants for matching positions via Electronic Case Management system (ECM)
- Assist participants in conducting independent job search; identify new job leads as needed and make direct referrals to employers
- Provide job retention and follow up services for all employed participants
- Access community resources to aid Veterans in their job search, job retention and/or re-placement efforts
- Actively participate in case conferencing sessions with the site director and the case management team, where needed
- Regularly attend monthly program and WfO meetings
- Maintain and update participant information in ECM and other data management systems required by the government funding agencies
- Provide data and information related to enrollment, participant engagement, and performance outcomes as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned and required by the emerging needs of programs and clients.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Knowledge and experience in workforce development as well as service delivery to low-income families, in particular, Veterans is strongly preferred
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills and advanced computer skills
- Experience providing supported employment services to individuals with disabilities is preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience in the application of Motivational Interviewing and Person-centered planning preferred
- Must be able to work and produce desired performance outcomes in a team environment, requiring high levels of collaboration, cooperation, and team work
- Ability to assist 60 job seekers realize desired employment and job retention outcomes
- Ability to travel throughout the five boroughs a must.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Jericho Project offers a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and with salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
Job Code: Career Counselor, JVEP
115 W. 29th Street, Suite 902
New York, NY 10001
No Phone Calls Please.
Jericho Project is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.