Who We Are
Guided by the belief that all children deserve the opportunity to live a fulfilling life, the Flamboyan Foundation works to ensure every child in the US and Puerto Rico receives an outstanding education. In D.C., Flamboyan is accelerating student learning by helping educators and school systems transform their relationships with families. In Puerto Rico, Flamboyan is ensuring students are reading in Spanish on grade level by third grade while building a thriving philanthropic and nonprofit sector.
Senior Director, Evaluation & Learning
Flamboyan Foundation seeks a Senior Director, Evaluation and Learning for our Washington, D.C. office. The person in this role will support a range of organizational learning and development efforts alongside assessment of our effective family engagement work. The primary function of the Senior Director will be to enable the organization to understand and explain the impact of our programmatic family engagement work.The ideal candidate has experience with data evaluation, measurement, and organizational learning; this includes program monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and reporting, feedback and surveys, and operating with a nimble action research mentality.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Director, Evaluation & Learning position offers an incredible opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment that is focused on improving student learning by changing how D.C. families and educators partner on behalf of students. This role is critical to our efforts to more deeply understand data so that we can analyze outcomes and monitor progress towards achieving our short- and long-term goals. We are looking for an outcomes-oriented, mission-driven team member to help us reach our vision of every child having the opportunity to live a fulfilling life. This position reports to the Senior Managing Director of Family Engagement and works closely with our program and operations teams.
This position reports to the Senior Managing Director of Family Engagement and works closely with our program and operations teams.
Research & Evaluation:
- Support, facilitate and generate evaluation practices that monitor and measure annual, mid-term, and long-term program indicators
- Partner with the effective family engagement program team to measure program offerings, in collaboration with school partners
- Create and adapt tools and methodologies that gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Develop processes to codify the inclusion of various perspectives in our evaluation practices including methods to hear directly from families
- Compile quarterly dashboards to update staff on progress towards achieving program outcomes
- Draft and review grant proposals and reports that require information about the measurement and evaluation of our effective family engagement program activities
- Partner with national organizations and thought leaders about effective family engagement measures
- Track and catalogue existing and new research on family engagement
- Produce reports, case studies, and other documents, in coordination with the communications team, to share learnings with stakeholders, both internally and externally, about effective family engagement practices
Feedback & Surveys:
- Collect, evaluate, and disseminate data from families, students, educators and other stakeholders about the impact of Flamboyan’s offerings to inform program planning, design and practice
- Support the implementation of student, family, and school surveys
- Support program innovation, enhancement, and authentication through case studies, action research, and other materials
- Prepare and present recommendations, in collaboration with program team, to leadership and board based on data collection, synthesis, and analysis
- Facilitate organizational learning about academic research and practitioner research related to effective family engagement
We are looking for candidates who have had experience and responsibility analyzing data, monitoring progress, and supporting organizations in effectively utilizing data to assess program outcomes and impact. Additionally, a strong candidate will come with a proclivity to engage in continual program refinement and codification, with an eye on action research. Specific qualifications include:
- Natural propensity to analyze problems, identify solutions, and foresee opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Ability to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools
- Strong proficiency for working collaboratively and across teams
- Continuous learner with a hunger to understand and contribute to our work
- Ability to balance flexibility and entrepreneurship with a commitment to disciplined use of data and results
- Aptitude for organizing and manipulating data in Excel and other formats
- Familiarity with SAS or STATA is a plus
- Preference for candidates with a master’s degree and at least 6 years of work experience
How We Value You
Flamboyan offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation time, and professional development opportunities. We are a people-centered, flexible, family-friendly workplace with a beautiful office environment. Our work is guided by four foundational core values that keep us grounded.
- People. We believe in the power, dignity, value, potential, and good intent of all people.
- Equity. We challenge ourselves, one another, and our partners to collaborate to identify and eliminate the barriers faced by historically underserved populations [so that everyone has the same access, consideration, respect, and opportunity].
- Impact. We create lasting, meaningful social change.
- Catalytic Action. We pursue our goals with passion and urgency and activate others internally and externally to carry our work even further.
For more information please visit .
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online at: . We recommend that your cover letter include why you are interested in Flamboyan Foundation and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
Note that the application must be completed in one sitting - it cannot be saved and edited later. We recommend completing it in one sitting or answering the questions offline and copying them to the application when you are ready to submit.
Flamboyan Foundation is committed to being an inclusive organization that challenges historical inequity with a focus on dismantling systemic racism. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.