Independent Sector (IS), founded in 1980, is the only national membership organization that brings together a diverse set of nonprofits, foundations, and corporations to advance the common good. Through our public policy advocacy, programs, and events, we are always listening to the concerns of the sector, curating best practices, and providing expertise to better position our members and partners for success.
Independent Sector (IS) is seeking a dynamic leader to serve in the newly created role of Chief Partnerships Officer to lead all aspects of partner engagement and resource development during an exciting moment of change for the organization and the sector at large. He/she will partner with the CEO, Board and senior leadership to develop and implement an integrated partnerships strategy to support the organization’s new strategic vision and priorities. This is a unique opportunity to help architect an innovative member and partner engagement strategy that drives towards our vision of a nation of engaged individuals, robust institutions, and vibrant communities working together to improve lives and the natural world. The successful candidate must have an authentic passion for the role of civil society, top leadership and management skills, as well as demonstrated success in strategic partnerships and resource development. The Chief Partnerships Officer will report to the President and serve as a member of the senior leadership team.
President and CEO
- Lead a three-year, comprehensive $50 million Growth Capital Campaign to fuel IS's new strategic plan.
- Expand and deepen partnerships with corporations, foundations, and individuals interested in promoting a strong civil society by mobilizing their talents, skills, and resources.
- Design a new membership and constituent engagement strategy to drive impact, cross-sector collaboration, and results.
- Engage the board of directors and other volunteer leaders in partnerships and resource generation.
- Build and lead a results-driven, integrated partnerships team with a commitment to excellence.
- Partner with other members of the senior leadership team, to play a lead role in setting organizational priorities and desired results.
- Bachelor's degree and at least ten years of proven experience as a senior executive, preferably in a nonprofit or purpose driven organization.
- Proven ability to develop effective, mutually beneficial strategic partnerships with corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Demonstrated track record in working effectively with boards of directors, and a wide cross section of other public, private and philanthropic leaders.
- Commitment to quality and productivity, focusing on goals, measurement, results and accountability.
- An entrepreneurial and strategic approach to partnerships and resource development, and the ability to thrive in an ever-changing complex environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team driven environment.
- High energy level, flexible, self-motivated, and self-confident.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
The salary range for this position is $190,000–215,000.
How to Apply
Please email a resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualification for the position with the subject line Human Resources—Chief Partnership Officer to [email protected] For postal mail, please use the following address: Independent Sector, 1602 L Street, NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036.
Independent Sector is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.