The All Stars Project transforms the lives of youth and poor communities using the developmental power of performance, in partnership with caring adults. All Stars is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial national nonprofit organization, founded 37 years ago, now reaching 20,000 inner-city youth and their families through innovative, free programs in six cities each year. All Stars raises $10 million in private funding annually from more than 4,000 individual, corporate and foundation supporters. We have a unique grassroots and relationship-oriented approach and model to fundraising.
Working in neighborhoods that have been hit the hardest by violence — the south and west sides — the All Stars Project of Chicago has touched the lives of more than 25,000 youth and families over the past 11 years. The business and philanthropic communities have stepped up with All Stars to address the city’s tough issues, and have launched a comprehensive campaign to establish a downtown center for Afterschool Development to connect our young people to the success of their city, and to caring adults who are their partners in growth.
The Development Officer will function as part of the team that produces the complex donor outreach components of the organization's various fundraising campaigns. The Development Officer will perform solicitations with individual donors and corporations, support the fundraising operation, and the campaign to establish a center for Afterschool Development in downtown Chicago.
- Partner with development team to execute on strategy to reach overall annual fundraising goals for the All Stars Project of Chicago.
- Manage a portfolio of 75-100 donors. Design and implement cultivation and solicitation activities, focusing on bringing people to the President's Committee $1,000 giving level, and stewarding supporters who contribute at the $100-$2,500+ level.
- Generate mailings, emails, and phone solicitations for individual campaigns.
- Cultivate and organize donors for special events, including cocktail receptions, All Stars Talent Show visits, and hands-on volunteer days for supporters.
- Participate in phone shifts during peak fundraising seasons (including some on weeknights and Saturday mornings).
- Create branding and communication for annual campaign and special events.
- Complete additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Flexibility in schedule. Evenings and weekends are required for phone shifts, special events or other activities during peak season.
- 1-3 years of fundraising experience required.
- Passion and commitment to working with youth and poor communities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead teams.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Familiarly with fundraising software/database preferred.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter along with minimum salary requirements (Word or PDF format only) to [email protected]. Please tell us why you’re interested in this role!
Indicate "Development Officer, ASP of Chicago" in the subject line of your email for fastest consideration.