New York Live Arts, home of the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company, and one of the country’s premier organizations devoted to contemporary dance and movement, is seeking a full-time Development Assistant to join its development staff.
Reporting to the Individual Giving & Special Events Manager, the Development Assistant helps coordinate various activities of the department with a particular focus on special events and data management.
Individual Giving & Special Events Manager
- process gifts, prepare acknowledgements, fundraising appeals and reports on development income
- Maintain Patron Manager database and donor information
- Design, develop and prepare individual fundraising materials including invitations, e-blasts, stewardship materials and year-end mailings
- Handle donor requests for performance tickets or other donor-related needs
- Update donor lists for program and website publication
- Assist Development staff with correspondence, research, meeting preparation and other activities and business operations of the department
- Assist in planning annual fundraising gala
- Produce mailing lists for events, announcements, etc.
- Maintain and update event guest lists
- Coordinate implementation of various on-site events, including catering, décor, entrance control and take-home materials
- Assist the Institutional Giving Manager with grant reporting and research, as schedule permits
- Minimum 1-3 years of non-profit fundraising experience
- Familiarity with CRM databases, Patron Manager preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, as well as Mac OSX
- Some experience with design such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other relatable design software
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills; poise, tolerance for diverse viewpoints, and a sensitivity to the artistic process
- Knowledge of and deep interest in contemporary dance and/or related performing or visual arts
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
Full-time salary commensurate with experience; health benefits included. This is an entry-level position.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with "Development Assistant" in the subject line. No phone calls please.