The Akanksha Fund Inc. is a nonprofit organization in the U.S. that raises awareness and support for quality education for disadvantaged children in India. Working with the Akanksha Foundation in India, the Fund provides grants to support model schools and initiatives in Mumbai and Pune.
The Fund is a public charity in the U.S. that works with individuals, foundations and corporations interested in supporting quality education reform in India.
The Akanksha Fund is seeking a Development Associate (part or full time) to assist with its work, starting immediately. The Development Associate will work directly with the staff team of three and will primarily focus on building our fundraising activities related to individuals, corporations and foundations. S/he will also manage our database and communications systems.
- Data entry, reports and updates for donors in our database (Salesforce).
- Identifying and implementing a communications calendar.
- Supporting financial tracking, bookkeeping and donor acknowledgements.
- Updating the website and managing email communications.
- Event planning and support.
- Online communications and giving maintenance and development.
- Researching and tracking current and potential new major donors.
- Developing content and writing communication pieces.
- Researching and presenting best practices for major donor programs.
- Researching corporate foundations and corporate giving strategies.
The position is primarily administrative in nature but offers an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working with an international NGO through the U.S. lens and first-hand knowledge of fundraising, organizational development and education work. The ideal candidate can make a 2- to 3-year commitment to the organization and will be able to grow with the organization. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to enter this field.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- At least one year of development or non-profit experience.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong technology skills and comfortable learning new systems.
- Financial management, accounting, budgeting and QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Knowledge of social media and online communication systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email, publishing, website and internet applications.
- Must be available at least 11 hours per week.
Additionally, the candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work productively and independently. Strong organizational skills, a people-centered mindset, self-motivation, flexibility and reliability are also essential. Familiarity with India and/or education work is a plus.
Location: The position will mostly work remotely with ability to attend meetings and events in NYC regularly.
How to Apply
To apply: Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
For more information about the Akanksha Foundation visit:
For more information about the Akanksha Fund in the U.S. visit:
Please note: Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.