CSWE is a national association of social work education programs and individuals that ensures and enhances the quality of social work education for a professional practice that promotes individual, family, and community well-being, and social and economic justice. CSWE pursues this mission in higher education by setting and maintaining national accreditation standards for baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in social work, by promoting faculty development, by engaging in international collaborations, and by advocating for social work education and research.
CSWE is searching for an Accreditation Specialist to be entrusted with developing standards of success for social work programs. CSWE's Commission on Accreditation (COA) is responsible for developing accreditation standards that define competent preparation for social work practice and for ensuring social work programs meet the standards. Armed with this knowledge, join CSWE’s Department of Social Work Accreditation to administer a multistep accreditation process, involving social work program self-studies and benchmarks, site visits and COA reviews of social work programs.
This work is done in accordance with the requirements of CSWE’s recognition body, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Director of Social Work Accreditation
- Provides technical assistance regarding accreditation standards, processes, and procedures to social work programs seeking candidacy or accredited status
- Provides consultation to programs on curriculum design related to social work competencies and assessment of student learning outcomes
- Collaborates with COA on reviews of programs in commission meetings and other commissioner activities related to accreditation
- Participates in training programs (online and in person) and related program activities
- Understands and applies accreditation policies and procedures as COA makes program decisions
- Maintains and applies knowledge of current and evolving issues, trends, and information related to social work education and accreditation
- Manages the distribution of program accreditation materials for commissioners, programs, and site visitors
- Reviews program materials for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with accreditation standards during pre-candidacy, candidacy, initial accreditation, and reaffirmation
- Communicates COA decisions to programs accurately and in a timely manner
- Works with basic computer applications, all components of Office 365, and database and Web applications for workflow management, particularly in the area of an online accreditation management system
- Provides individual and group consultations to program representatives at professional conferences
- Interfaces with the public about social work as a career, educational and licensure requirements, and accreditation
- Master’s degree in social work or a related field required and experience in social work education or in higher education accreditation
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of accreditation standards and procedures
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge of advanced functions in applicable software applications such as Microsoft Office, and understanding of technology applications for workflow management, particularly database operations, learning management systems, and online accreditation management systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with all level of staff and members
- Ability to handle a sizeable caseload of programs and develop relationships with social work programs assigned
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to carry out various processes and procedures in accreditation of social work programs
- Ability to provide training online and in person
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise careful attention to detail
- Ability to handle the details of multiple priorities simultaneously and adhere to strict deadlines
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- PhD (preferably in social work)
- Experience in a university setting
- Experience teaching in a social work program and developing social work curriculum related to competencies
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
Please submit salary requirements
This position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting. The physical demands of this position are limited to the ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and bend, stoop, and carry articles used in program activities. Occasional travel within the United States and work on weekends may be necessary.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, writing sample, and salary requirements to [email protected] with the subject line, “CSWE Accreditation Specialist.” Attachments must be named with your last name and first initial (e.g. Doe, J resume). No phone calls, please.