CSWE is a national association of social work education programs and individuals that ensures and enhances the quality of social work education for a professional practice that promotes individual, family, and community well-being, and social and economic justice. CSWE pursues this mission in higher education by setting and maintaining national accreditation standards for baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in social work, by promoting faculty development, by engaging in international collaborations, and by advocating for social work education and research.
CSWE looks to hire someone who can effectively promote the preparation of social work graduates in an increasingly diverse and global practice environment. This work will be done by providing the programmatic and functional support in the development and implementation of CSWE's Centers. Current Centers include the Katherine A. Kendall Institute on International Social Work Education (KAKI) and the Center for Diversity and Social & Economic Justice. As the CSWE staff liaison, the Program Associate will work in partnership with the Center’s Advisory Boards, Directors, and related governance groups to set priorities and goals, identify initiatives and respond to emerging trends. The Program Associate will manage center operations and initiatives and will represent CSWE and the Centers in meetings, presentations, and reports.
Director of Educational Initiatives & Research
- Collaborate with the Director of the Diversity Center on center initiatives
- Facilitate Advisory Boards, relevant Commission and Councils meetings
- Plan and manage Center & Commission events
- Assist in the development and implementation of Center products and initiatives
- Facilitate the awards and lecture process for the Centers and Commission events at the Annual Program Meeting
- Develop content for marketing channels—print collateral, email, website, etc.
- Compile and submit programmatic reports
- Manage Katherine A. Kendall Institute grant program including request for proposals, review process, issuing grant agreement, and tracking grantee reports
- Develop, update and maintain databases
- Maintain Center budgets and monitor expenses and revenue
- Coordinate and compile the regional Global Agenda report
- Collaborate and develop partnerships with relevant organizations including international social work bodies
- Provide ongoing support to projects that address changing areas of practice, such as the Gero-Ed Center
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned as needed
- Master’s Degree (MSW preferred) and at least two (2) years relevant experience
- Knowledge or experience in social work or social work education, particularly in international and diversity issues
- Fluency with MS Office and e-mail applications, comfortable using variety of software application
- Successful track record in a membership organization, collaborative teams, or higher education
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with diverse volunteers and volunteer groups
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple project simultaneously
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per year
Please submit salary requirements
This position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting. The physical demands of this position are limited to the ability to use a computer, telephone and standard office equipment, lift up to 25 lbs., bend, stoop, and carry articles used in program activities. Occasional travel within and outside of the United States may be necessary as well.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to [email protected] with the subject line, “CSWE Program Associate C&I.” Attachments must be named with your last name and first initial (e.g. Doe, J resume). No phone calls, please.