Price Hill Will (PHW) is a non-profit Community Development Corporation focused on enhancing the quality of life in the East, West, and Lower Price Hill neighborhoods of Cincinnati, Ohio.
PHW seeks a visionary Executive Director with the experience, creativity, and maturity necessary to guide the organization into the next phase of its work. Building on the organization’s strong neighborhood relationships, diverse and acclaimed programs, and dedicated staff, the new Executive Director will be responsible for working with residents and other stakeholders to clearly define and refine a visionary approach to asset-based community development, with equity at its core. The successful candidate will show demonstrated success in the areas of real estate development, equitable community development, community engagement, and fundraising, as well as an understanding of the neighborhood’s history, opportunities, and challenges. The successful candidate is a collaborator, an excellent communicator, an advocate for the arts and environment, and inspired by innovation.
Price Hill Will Board
- Maintain a diverse and inclusive staff and work culture.
- Oversee and monitor day-to-day operations and long-term projects.
- Evaluate PHW’s compliance with tax laws and regulations. Monitor obligations to
- lending and funding sources.
- Oversee all fiduciary responsibilities by providing required tracking, reporting, communication, and other processes required by the Board, stakeholders, and other entities.
- Build, maintain, and support a strong board of directors. Arrange meetings and agendas.
B. Fundraising and Sustainability Development
- Identify and cultivate leadership from key corporate, foundation, and other prospective donor sectors who share an interest in community development.
- Seek out new and creative resource development strategies.
- Work closely with the Board to develop fundraising strategies.
- Maintain the donor data base and relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Lead all fundraising activities: correspondence, meetings, and events.
- Develop grant proposals and oversee efficient implementation of awarded funds based on funding source requirements.
C. Community Development
- Maintain existing relationships with community members and stakeholders through proactive and attentive outreach.
- Foster new strategic and effective working relationships with residents, the business community, and anchor institutions in Price Hill and surrounding areas.
- Form effective community development strategies to attract resources to targeted underserved populations in Price Hill.
- Implement an effective on-going communications strategy.
- Foster relationships with local government and other non-profit and community organizations. Be familiar with how PHW can work with and benefit from relationships with these groups.
D. Mission Advancement
- Develop strategic financial plans and oversee their implementation.
- Create systemic change in Price Hill through physical, economic, and social impact.
- Maintain and support PHW programs: community gardens, business district planning, residential/commercial real estate development, and community programming.
- Maintain and support MYCincinnati, a free youth orchestra for Price Hill residents that serves as a visual and audible symbol of harmony in Price Hill.
II. Desired Qualifications:
- Experience as the Executive Director of a non-profit organization.
- 3-5 years of experience in neighborhood development or community outreach.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field. Extensive experience and training may substitute for graduate level education
- Demonstrated ability to attract and sustain philanthropic funding.
- Marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work in culturally and ethnically diverse environments. Understanding of race, class, and gender dynamics, and a willingness to work through complex social issues.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and public speaking skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and organizations, including senior level corporate, philanthropic, and public sector representatives.
- Ability to inspire trust and to motivate staff and partners.
- Experience building and facilitating relationships within and among various sectors.
- Commitment to the PHW mission and MYCincinnati youth orchestra.
- Willingness to work outside typical business hours, including weekends/weeknight meetings, events, and fundraisers.
PHW offers a competitive compensation package
How to Apply
Send RESUMES and COVER LETTERS to Price Hill Will at [email protected]
Please visit our websites at pricehillwill.org and mycincinnatiorchestra.org for more information about our organization. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.