New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Portfolio Manager, Advancement & Philanthropy.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement and Philanthropy the Portfolio Manager Advancement & Philanthropy will be responsible for supporting the directors in managing multiple projects and donors as well as the implementation of the overall strategy of the Office of Advancement and Philanthropy. The incumbent will support the design of the office’s strategy by preparing analysis, managing interviews and formalizing documents to engage and communicate with key stakeholders.
The portfolio manager will be also be responsible for co-designing and subsequently managing the engagement strategy and fundraising plan for the NYUAD Arts Center and the NYUAD Art Gallery to further advance their missions. The individual will drive forward agreed strategies, working on implementation, from planning and launch to evaluation.
- Design and conduct, research and analysis to support projects and objectives of the Office of Advancement and Philanthropy, both independently and in collaboration with dedicated researchers and resources from University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) team in NY
- Organize and manage interviews, focus groups, to capture needs and opportunities in order to identify best opportunities and tailored value propositions
- Prepare presentations, reports (annual, quarterly ad-hoc) engagement documents, proposals. Receive and manage requests from prospects and donors. Arrange meetings and events as appropriate
- Work with the Office of Advancement and Philanthropy directors and Art Center and Art Gallery leadership to develop new strategies to refresh and grow the offering and income streams to support annual objectives
- Develop and grow engagement modalities, including a membership program and corresponding income streams for the NYUAD Arts Center and Art Gallery, in line with the objectives of the organization and maximizing opportunities in the changing external landscape
- Maintain good overview of all NYUAD activity to ensure that opportunities are identified from the full scope of the organization and that membership options reflect current organization strategy
- Drive forward growth strategies to realize new income streams.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of new and proposed membership options and report on these to senior management as required
- Review international and national best practices and organizations and scope for a wider international footprint
- Work closely with NYUAD Public Affairs & Web Services colleagues to ensure that all communications reflect the NYUAD brand and editorial tone and content
- Manage communication with other NYUAD departments and teams involved in external relations
- General office management and administration
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with an established track record in working with membership organizations with hands-on experience of devising strategies to deliver growth and add value, in line with objectives
- Experience of working towards annual financial targets and of devising effective marketing communications for new and existing audiences
- Strong management skills and use of a variety of tools, including: Research, benchmarking and analysis, reporting on income streams, creating budgets and detailed plans, report and proposal writing and delivery, project management and management of service levels, measuring success and evaluation methods
- Ability to work effectively with digital platforms and social media
- Ability to create best practice tools and approaches for new work stream
- Ability to channel and manage customer feedback effectively
- Ability to create an inclusive and participative culture for members
- Good influencing skills and professional presentation
- Strong teamwork ethic and collaborative working style
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels around the organization, based on communication and understanding
- Good judgement
- Ability to represent NYUAD internally and externally as a credible ambassador
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to the below link: