is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including , , and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the , a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and , which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to , and interact with us on , , and .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Director, Annual, Mid-level, and Alumni Giving.
Working with the Senior Division Director, PGAA-WIN and with agency partners, develops overall annual, mid-level, and alumni giving strategy (for direct response giving) and oversees implementation for the following NYU Langone Health (NYULH) entities: NYU Langone Health, Faculty & Friends program, NYU Langone Brooklyn, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital, Perlmutter Cancer Center and the NYU School of Medicine alumni. This includes development of effective plans with strategies, concepts and techniques to achieve long- and short-term goals via direct mail, online, telemarketing, sustainer and mid-level programs. The role will study the potential of a direct response TV program. This role also includes development of in-depth strategic analysis of program performance and monitoring of trends and key program metrics.
- Set an ambitious and strategic plan, focused on:
- Expanding and diversifying the donor base.
- Generating a “ground-swell” of support at all levels with the potential to engage and motivate donors even at the principal gift level. Primary focus is on small and mid-level giving.
- Growing revenue through small gifts from a large base.
- Creating a pipeline of prospects for future large gifts.
- Identifying future trustees and institutional leaders.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with Senior Vice President of the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs, Senior Division Director of PGAA-WIN and other senior development and medical center leadership.
- Prepare annual and multi-year income projections and expense budgets based on past performance, tactical and strategic planning and industry trends.
- Provide the Senior Division Director, PGAA-WIN with regular budget re-forecasts.
- Ensure collaboration and act as in-house agency providing annual/alumni giving services to NYU Langone Health, NYU Langone Brooklyn, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital, Perlmutter Cancer Center and the NYU School of Medicine.
- Maintain strategic and tactical plans for each direct response campaign inside department’s project management platform.
- Play key role as partner with external agency or agencies in establishing long- and short-term plans.
- Ensure collaboration across the enterprise with NYULH IT (MCIT), NYULH Communications and NYU Gift Administration and NYULH Development Operations and gift processing teams.
- Ensure collaboration across the Office of Development & Alumni Affairs and the annual/alumni giving team on communications/messaging, digital strategy, data operations, major giving, planned giving and gift processing.
- Ensure integration across channels.
- Ensure that key information is tracked as a strategic asset driving engagement and growth in supporters.
- Direct, manage and effectively hire, train, coach, guide, motivate, develop, evaluate and monitor staff under the authority of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible direct response fundraising experience supporting a multi-channel, multi-faceted annual/ mid-level and/or alumni giving program. Experience in a healthcare institution, medical related charity or institution of higher education strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for acquiring, retaining, engaging, stewarding and upgrading charitable support across channels.
- Corporate fundraising experience a plus.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise, reflecting the highest standards of professional conduct and integrity in all circumstances.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships across departments.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff in a team environment.
- Mature judgment, discretion and professionalism in researching and communicating information.
- Ability to think strategically, and to anticipate and orchestrate next steps.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- A work ethic that is self-motivated, reliable and detail oriented.
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in managing complex programs using project management technology such as Basecamp, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Corporate fundraising experience a plus.
- Experience in a healthcare institution, medical related charity or institution of higher education strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please .