The provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
CEO is seeking a Job Developer to help us achieve our annual job placement outcomes for our program participants. The Job Developer has three overarching responsibilities: 1) establishing new relationships with prospective employers who will employ our participants; 2) maintaining pre-existing relationships with employers who currently employ our participants; and 3) effectively matching program participants with employers and right fit employment opportunities.
San Jose Program Director
Key responsibilities of the Job Developer include but are not limited to:
Business Strategy and Analysis
- Envisioning, developing, and implementing a strategic plan for placement services that ensures CEO meets its participant placement metrics
- Conducting reviews of existing CEO business partnerships regularly, evaluating employer demand and usage of CEO services and determining improvements and ways to leverage relationships with employers to meet CEO's placement metrics
- Achieving weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals in accordance with CEO's contractual obligations
Relationship Cultivation and Maintenance
- Serving as the face of CEO to prospective employers
- Researching, conducting outreach to, and building relationships with prospective employers willing to hire CEO participants and who have hiring needs that match the skills, experience, and interests of our overall participant cohort
- Maintaining relationships with existing employer partners
- Scheduling and conducting daily prospecting, cold calls, and face-to-face meetings
- Serving as the liaison among employers, participants, and our criminal justice partners
- Screening participants to ensure readiness to enter job market
- Matching program participants with employment opportunities, taking into consideration each participant's skills, work experience, interests, and goals and aspirations
- Customizing participants' resumes to fit identified opportunities
- Documenting all participant and employer contact, activities, and outcomes in our case management system (Salesforce)
- Performing other job-related duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time
- Deep commitment to and passion for the mission of CEO
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of sales and account management experience; proven success in prospecting, building pipelines, and moving opportunities through the sales cycle to meet quotas on a regular basis
- Proven ability to effectively network with others, build and manage client relationships, and influence key decision-makers
- Ability to analyze data and market research, using findings to inform strategy
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Comfort with learning and using software applications required for the role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, resilient, disciplined, and goal-oriented, particularly in the face of adversity
- Ability to anticipate problems and problem solve both individually and collaboratively
- Stamina and vigor for the work
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (not required)
The starting compensation for this position is $42,000-45,000 (your annual salary can increase as a result of strong demonstration of your ability to meet monthly placement goals).
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume at the link below: