New Life engages NYC youth in healthy relationships through Academics, Arts, Athletics and Spiritual Formation.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will perform a wide variety of complex secretarial, technical, and accounting duties and have extensive dealings with the organization. Manage business and donor relationships as needed. This role will also provide support to the Executive Director as it relates to managing budgets.
The duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains strict confidentiality on all organization related matters
- Attends to administrative and clerical detail utilizing initiative, problem analysis techniques and good judgement and confidentiality.
- Processes documents in compliance with established policies and procedures (i.e. insurance, Department of Labor).
- Responsible for handling reimbursements, updating QuickBooks and serve as the liaison between New Life and the Accountant.
- Maintains expenditure records of office budget, prepares and coordinates budget transfer requests as necessary, tracks expenditures from each budget line item.
- Support the Executive Director with the management of New Life of NYC's budget.
- Strategically manages relational aspect of volunteer teams.
- Coordinates internal and offsite meetings/events; arranges for necessary materials, food and beverage and AV needs.
- Maintains office supplies, materials and equipment.
- Gathers, reviews and compiles information and prepares accurate and comprehensive reports with deadlines as assigned for grant proposals and Young Life.
- Manage and maintains Executive Director's business travel, schedules, appointments and calendar.
- Acts as the key communicator in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Maintain detailed donor records including receipts and acknowledgement letters.
- Manage office billing, rectify issues and maintain paid invoice files.
- Lead the design and content collection for the Quarterly Newsletter and fundraising appeal letters (including photos and stories).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Executive Assistant position
- Highly detail oriented with ability to prioritize tasks independently, accurately complete work under tight deadlines, and provide timely and accurate responses to data requests
- Excellent leadership, planning, strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical and attention to detail
- Team player, self-starter with the ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of professionalism and tact
- Advanced computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong data management skills and social media platform knowledge a plus
- Analytical – collects and researches data
- Problem Solving – gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Technical Capacity
- Oral Communication – listens and obtains clarification
- Team Work – contributes to building a positive team spirit and work environment
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively
- Diversity Ethics – treats all people with respect; high level integrity and upholds organizational values
- Judgment – willingness to make decisions, accept responsibility, proactive
- Professionalism – works well under pressure
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Time management
How to Apply
Please email the following items to [email protected]
- Resume and Cover Letter including salary requirements
- Description of your demonstrated Christian commitment
- One page writing sample
- Three references, one of which must be from a Church Pastor