MHA-NYC is a nonprofit organization with local roots and a national reach that for over 50 years has been leading the way in mental health with a three-part mission of service, advocacy, and education. Every year, we reach over one million people nationally with mental and behavioral health challenges through high quality innovative programs.
The Development Officer is part of a high-functioning nonprofit dedicated to maintaining the vibrancy, health and prosperity of the people we serve. Working closely with the VP of Marketing & Communications, this position will help grow the development activities of MHA-NYC. The Development Officer will assist in managing donor fundraising activities, including donor reporting, producing appeals and campaigns, managing events and donor recognition. The Development Officer is a strong project manager, writer and relationship builder who is passionate about MHA’s mission. This position is part of the Marketing and Communications team and works collaboratively with the team to achieve department goals.
VP of Marketing and Communications.
- Assist and manage in the development of fundraising activities including promotional content, programs, solicitations and mailings.
- Assist in fundraising event planning, logistics, outreach and post event coordination.
- Monitor progress on achieving fundraising goals, keep accurate records and regularly communicate, with the Marketing and Communications team.
- Assist VP in staffing Board Communication Committee.
- Responsible for donor recognition process, including gift accounting and acknowledgement, pledge collection.
- Manage donor database to ensure data accuracy for reporting and identifying opportunities, administer data input.
- Oversee pledge commitments and payments and communicate ongoing progress as necessary.
- Create a variety of development related reports and data analysis.
- Participate in regular staff and other internal meetings.
- Other key projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 - 3 years of fundraising experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills; engaging interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with attention to details.
- Excellent software and digital skills required. Salesforce and Round Cause knowledge highly desired.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Able to work independently and calmly under pressure.
- Work closely with Communication team around messaging and project management.
MHA-NYC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.