Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Senior Director for Engagement and Campaign Initiatives and working with the campaign team, the Program Coordinator provides high-level administrative, logistical, communications, and project support for engagement and campaign initiatives.
Senior Director for Engagement and Campaign Initiatives
Working with considerable independence and exercising discretion in establishing priorities and managing assignments, the Program Coordinator is responsible for a range of activities including:
- Data management, research and reporting support – design and produce reports and analyses by assimilating data from primary databases and other sources; maintain a matrix of volunteers’ skills, interests, and activities; ensure the accuracy of all information relayed to staff, volunteers, and donors; identify changes that need to be made in databases to support requirements for reporting and analysis, and work closely with service providers to implement them.
- Coordinate and execute communications to include mail, emails, websites, and volunteer and donor event materials – assist in implementing donor-volunteer outreach plan and communications/marketing support; draft and execute materials for communications with various constituencies; directly communicate with/respond to volunteers, prospects and donors as requested; provide initial response and follow-up to inquiries and issues as needed; review and monitor University developments or announcements and draft/complete correspondence to inform volunteers and prospects; update and maintain websites associated with programs; proofread and edit materials for grammatical and factual accuracy.
- Participate in the development and execution of campaign preparations, event and volunteer training planning and support – update and maintain resource library for volunteers; maintain volunteer activities data; draft and send periodic recognition communications; maintain ongoing calendar of events and communications; coordinate events, including volunteer and donor recognition and training events and celebrations to ensure their timely and successful completion.
- Perform data entry and other administrative tasks as required; may perform other duties and undertake other projects upon request of the Senior Director or other members of the Campaign team.
Required Education and Experience: Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little of no work experience and a Bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks independently and proactively.
- Strong written/oral communication skills and proficiency in communicating appropriately with multiple constituencies. Demonstrated organizational and research capabilities, strong attention to detail. Writing samples requested at time of interview.
- Proven team player with skills to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines from multiple managers in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; the ability to conduct data analysis and work with financial information. Ability and willingness to develop proficiency with sophisticated database software and reporting tools.
- High level of professionalism, judgment and integrity, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Prior project management experience.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
How to Apply
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at . Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.