The Special Events Associate serves as a key member of the Individual Giving team, assisting with the overall management of The Joyce Theater Foundation’s Special Events. The Associate works closely with the Individual Giving Manager identifying, cultivating and moving individuals from attendance at events and the travel program into the pipeline of the department’s various giving programs. The Associate will oversee and solicit a portfolio of individual donors who attend Joyce Theater events.
- Manage Joyce presentation opening night performance events, including maintaining the response list in Tessitura, assisting in the seating of the theater, writing remarks, pulling and organizing tickets, researching guests, and welcoming guests to pre and post-performance receptions.
- Assist in the project management of the Annual Gala, including a master timeline and event plan; financial projections; design Gala pre-sales campaign and invitation materials; other arrangements as necessary; internal Joyce staff coordination; event volunteer recruitment; relations with outside vendors; and post-event donor gift acknowledgment and budget financial reconciliation.
- In a similar manner, assist in the project management of other fundraising and cultivation events, including Choreographers and Cocktails.
- Manage, market, and oversee The Joyce Travel Program to ensure it meets fundraising goals
- Research donor prospects, including guests at performance engagements, events and travel program.
- Assist in logging individual giving contributions in Tessitura in a timely and efficient manner. Serve as a contact person for donor phone calls, including requests for House Seats.
- Maintain the department’s paper files and help track department expenses.
- Supervise and support part-time employees and interns on the job, as required.
- Support the Development Department with other assigned duties.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and highly organized, with a strategic mindset. Excellent verbal and communication skills are essential. A high level of computer literacy required, experience with Tessitura or a fundraising database desired, and a strong interest in working in the arts is favored. Bachelor’s degree and relevant office experience is required.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Jane Penn at [email protected] No phone calls please.